- Motorway (A1) from Munich – Salzburg, Vienna – Budapest
- Motorway (A8) from Passau – Regensburg
- Motorway (A7) from Prague
- Hourly Intercity and Eurocity connections to Salzburg, Vienna and Germany, and from there to all important European capitals.
- ÖBB route planner (Austrian Railway, http://fahrplan.oebb.at/bin/query.exe/en?)
- DB travel service (German Railway, http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en?)
- The Blue Danube Airport of Linz is connecting to many European cities like Vienna, Frankfurt, London, Madrid, Munich, Paris, Rome, etc. For available flight connections please check directly at the airport website.
The airport is located 15 km outside the city. For ground transportation from the Blue Danube airport Linz to the city of Linz:
1. Transportation by Taxi is recommended (around € 30,- per direction). Taxi stands are at the exit of the airport arrival/departure hall.
2. OR: Airport bus (line No. 601) connects the airport with the main train station in the city. Bus service is provided from Monday to Saturday (no service on Sunday). For details: http://www.linz-airport.at/www/cm/en/passengers/approach/bus.html .
3. OR: Transportation by shuttle bus from airport Linz to train station Hörsching, from there train connection to the main train station in Linz. For details: http://www.oebb.at/en/index.jsp (From “Flughafen Linz”. To “Linz/Donau Hbf”).
- Other major airport hubs including Vienna (VIE) and Munich (MUC) can be reached by train or shuttle services.
- Linz is situated on one of the most important waterways in Europe, the Danube, which is linked to the Rhine and the Main. Linz is a popular stopover for cycle tourists on the Danube bicycle path from Passau to Vienna.